Sunday 2 June 2013

A month to go.

So then.

This time in four weeks I will be all ready to go. Still lots of teaching, marking, planning and work to do in the meantime but the countdown is definitely on. 

I have started, possibly too late on Duolingo, an excellent online tool to learn some Spanish, my money is on order from the Post Office and after a massive faff on with the pharmacy in Tesco I have my malaria and typhoid medication on order as well as all my other jabs up-to date. Books are ordered from Amazon to get me through the serious traveling we will face and in usual fashion I am spending a little too long making playlists for downtime. 

Lessons are underway and need to see Ms Somers about a potential Sports Day, and then write my own lesson. My reflection is coming along and I"m getting to grips working with iMovie on my iPad to create a video when we are out there for a staff briefing. 

I'm thinking of "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire as a suitable backing track! 

Packing is also in the early stages, putting aside stuff I'm more than happy to leave behind with me on the advice of Matthew Kipling (and so I can treat myself to new stuff when I get back) and toiletries are being collected to. 

Not going to sign off this blog with a big question to ask you all and comment on, but just to keep in mind its getting closer and to start with the little jobs now as if you leave it all to the end, you'll no doubt forget something.

Comments welcome as always!


No comments:

Post a Comment